Are You Ready To Take The Challenge??
Join our followers & be entered into a random prize drawing on December 1st. Check it out!!!
Monday, 30 July 2007
Just for starters - BOGOF deals on: ALL American Crafts cardstock; ALL Peel Offs (including Christmas Designs); ALL MIC Toppers (including Christmas Designs); ALL English Paper Company 6x6, 12x12 & Border Strips pads AND ALL loose papers from the Siesta & Vanessa Arbuthnott Collections; ALL 3D Christmas Stickers.
That lot all goes on offer today (just as soon as I get in to work LOL) & then we will be adding another deal every day for as long as it takes!
There's still plenty of time to enter our first ever Design Team Challenge (we'll be playing along too!) & to submit for a place on our Design Team - imagine a bag of yummy stash to stroke every month - for free!
Saturday, 28 July 2007
Thursday, 26 July 2007
You can all get involved too! Simply create a log in profile (it's only your contact details - no financial information) & maybe write a review or two on any of the products that you have tried and liked! At the end of August, I'll pick a review at random to win a prize. So the more products you review, the more chances you will have to win! There is absolutely no obligation to purchase but if you have a look around, there are some brilliant bargains to be had (Deco Art Acrylic Paints at just £1.50 for starters!).
You can also sign up here to join our mailing list & get all the latest offers right in to your inbox!!
See you there!
Tuesday, 24 July 2007
Fortunately, Paulette says I'm allowed to tell you all, which is just as well cuz I'm not much good with secrets LOL. The first is all about the Personal Shopper Scrapbooking monthly kits:
From September these will include a fabby DVD (plays on PC or DVD player) containing around 90 minutes with Paulette & Sara (who are my favourite ladies on the entire planet!!). The DVD takes you step by step through all the projects with tons of extra hints & tips. There'll be a new DVD every other month. And if that wasn't enough, the September issue also features the brand new 'Use 'Em ForAnything' Pastel Papers with 259 pastel Monograms, 200 pastel brads, 25 pastel flowers and some overlays and ribbons too.
It is only fair to warn you though, the current kit (July) has practically sold out since we took delivery 6 days ago (at the time of writing we have four spare kits). The only way to make sure we have a kit for you is to take out a subscription(to do so, e-mail me), the rest go on a first come first served basis.
You may have heard that we are exhibiting at Sandown Park in September 2007. The most exciting thing about that is that we will be launching a brand new kit from Hot Off The Press. The Stamps Only Club, does what it says on the tin! Every other month, our subscribers will receive a yummy set of Clear Acrylic Stamps & a fabby newsletter full of tempting projects to get the creative juices flowing. This is sooo hot off the press (geddit?) that the projects are not yet back from the photographers! And as it is all totally top secret (oops! I spilled the beans!) I don't have all the details to share yet. If you'd like to be kept informed, e-mail me & I'll tell all as soon as I know!
Oh! OK then! 1 little clue: the first set are Thinga-Ma-Jigs. Not the same as the Thinga-Ma-Jigs Template in this month's Personal Shopper Kit but another big bunch of cool ampersands, brackets, asterisks and other punctuation marks! Images range in size from 1/2" to 3 1/2". Total of 33 stamps.
Ooooh! I've said too much! Better go before I give away any other big secrets LOL
Sunday, 22 July 2007
I live in Dartford (just a short walk away from Crop 'Til You Drop) with my boyfriend of 10 years and 2 lovely children (Josh, age 3 and Megan, 1). I have been crafting now since September 2005 when I decided to make that years Christmas cards while on Maternity leave, since then I have dabbled in scrapbooking, ATCs, sarabinders and Decoupage. I am also one of Beverley's Saturday girls, which means lots of goody stroking to help me through those occasions when finances are short.
Each DT member will be required to produce a minimum of:
1 layout, 2 cards, something else (binder, mini book, altered project, ATCs etc) & another project of your choice (can be another card, LO etc). These will need to be posted to this blog regularly throughout the month. I could be flexible about this, so if you don’t scrapbook or only make mini books you could still fill a place if it would make for a balanced and interesting team.
You will also be expected to take part in setting challenges for visitors to the blog & to post on this forum every couple of days.
This is quite a commitment, so please do think carefully about whether you have the time to take part before you apply. So, are you up for it?
If you'd like to be considered, please send:
- 3 photos of your work - this can be cards, layouts or whatever but do send the pieces you consider to best represent what you do.
- A set of simple instructions for one of the above
- Full name, address, e-mail address, craft bio (fave techniques, craft info etc).
- Please also include details of any previously published work, current DT commitments, links to your own public gallery or website if you have one & details of anything else you consider relevant e.g. if you don't scrapbook or only make mini books. Decisions are not made based on this info, it will just help me to pick a balanced team.
- Please also give me a brief line or two about why you’d like a place on this Design Team (& do be honest – if you’re in it for the freebies (& who wouldn’t be), just say so LOL)
- This must be sent by e-mail with DT Entry in the subject line as soon as possible and certainly no later than August 20th.
Saturday, 21 July 2007
And the really exciting news is: our next Design team competition starts very soon (like tomorrow) so watch this space for details!
Thursday, 19 July 2007
2) Make & Take: This layout uses lots of colour blocking layers of patterned paper, die cut title, Punctuation both cut from paper and drawn directly on to the layout from a template. The drawn elements are coloured in with Tombow brush pens, which allows the pattern to show through. Materials: Papers from the English Paper Company, Siesta Collection; Lilac textured cardstock (for base); Thinga-Ma-Jigs template (HOTP); Brush pens in black, light green & purple (Tombow); Black Fineliner (Pigma Micron, 0.5 mm); Sizzix Alpha & Green eyelets
Sunday, 15 July 2007
Here's the winners from all the free stuff posts (both from this blog & also from 'Crafty Moments'):
Guess how many A Muse stamps I own (posted Tuesday June 5th; Crafty Moments): ANSO picked at random using this random number generator. (I actually had 70 but it's a few more now LOL).
What's your favourite Strano ribbon? (posted Thursday June 21st; Crafty Moments): LOOBY & SJC. Both of you picked a favourite so I thought I'd send you both a little blog candy!! SJC, please e-mail me with your postal address! (Use the e-mail link in my profile on this site, Thanx)
Spot the Guv'nor (posted Tuesday June 19th; Blog 'Til You Drop): NINA goodies are waiting for you too!
Thanx everyone for your patience, new blog candy coming soon - so watch this space!!
- Donna Civelek from Crayford (Tuesday Draw Winner)
- Jane Watson from Plumstead (Wednesday Draw Winner)
- Mrs North from Darenth (Thursday Draw Winner)
- Lydia Pantelli from Bexley (Friday Draw Winner)
- Kalina Phillips from Dartford (Saturday Draw Winner)
You all win an A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA goody bag worth around £18.
More prizes too for ...
- Sarah Taylor from Sutton At Hone who's number was picked by this random number generator as the winner of the A Muse card making competition. You win a bag full of Yummy Ribbons, kindly donated by Strano Designs.
We also put together all the free draw entries from the week and picked one last winner. Congratulations to...
- Barbara Gorrod from Swanley. You win a set of 3 Marvy Matchables ink pads, kindly donated by Marvy Uchida.
I'd like to thank all the sponsors of A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA for providing so many excellent products & prizes to make our events a success. We all had soooo much fun that we can't wait to do it again next year!
And if you missed out, we still have some of the new A*Muse stamps & notecards in store. We also offer a telephone mail order service and if we don't have what you are looking for in stock, we will happily order in any of their designs for you. Why not check out the A*Muse website for images of all the current ranges (but you'll have to wait until the end of July for the newly launched products!!)
Saturday, 14 July 2007
Watch this space for more
Friday, 13 July 2007
Wednesday, 11 July 2007
I like to introduce the concept by saying that they are like Pokemon cards for grown ups - except you get to make them yourself. I alwaysget a buzz from teaching & it is really lovely when smiley, happy people say how much fun they've had as they leave!
As promised, there was cake, chocolate biscuits & A Muse lollipops. So here are today's pics: from the top 1) Jane does a swap for some of the ATCs I made as part of Design Challenge #10 over on the A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA Blog before making today's batch 2) Jackie works on her first ever ATC and quickly becomes a paper craft addict 3) Kirsty & Rosemarie complete their Grand prize draw forms in the hopes of winning a whole year's worth of A Muse goodies!